.post-body {font-family: Courier, monospace;}

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Journal pages, finally!

So I finally got around to playing with my journal and worked on a couple pages.  I just love the stencils, they are so fun.  I used this Julie Fei-Fan Balzer stencil and first painted white on black on the left side of the journal spread.  When it was dry, I used the stencil over that area and applied four different colors of dye inks over the white paint with the Tim Holtz applicators. Then I took the stencil that still had the ink on it, spritzed it with water and burnished it on a piece of white paper while it was still wet. Why waste the ink, right?  That left me with a mirror image of the stencil on white paper, which I glued down in my journal.  

The top border of the page below, and the borders on the 2nd spread are a wide-size washi tape.



For this next page I painted the background with acrylic paint. Then I used some fiber paste with my stencils, let it dry and sanded the area lightly. I stamped the skulls and colored them with Sakura Souffle pens.  These are fun because when they dry the ink becomes more opaque and the inked surface is raised, like a candy shell. These pens are best used on surfaces that are coated, and not absorbent. Anything plastic is the best, and that's dried acrylic paint essentially, right?


I've been working a little at a time on the pages, each evening, when I can.  It's relaxing.

No comments: