.post-body {font-family: Courier, monospace;}

Monday, January 1, 2018

Washi tape

As if art supplies are not addictive enough, now we have another item to obsess over.  Washi tape!!  I've been collecting it faster than I use it.

The collection began innocently enough, and now it's exploded.  I'm sharing some pictures of my stash, please don't judge my hoard.








Tim Holtz has a line he refers to as tissue tape, which is light and paper-like with the vintage theme.  Much like fun duct tape manufacturers are catching on selling lines in office supply stores like Staples and Office Depot. I've given rolls to my nephews in hopes they will use it in their smash books. One of their favorites is the caution tape and one that looks like tire tread.



A fun version I picked up at Paper Source is color your own washi tape. It is black and white design with room to color.  So I decided to try it out.  Since the washi tape has a slick surface I used Sharpie markers to do my coloring.  I have a huge collection and I had a blast decorating an envelope that I included with a friend's birthday gift. You need to enjoy coloring if you decide to use this tape.  







My only comment is that there are some tiny little spaces to color, so don't plan on using a very large piece unless you have a lot of time on your hands.

Also, the most recent addition to my collection is the Jane Davenport tapes I picked up at Michael's.  They were on sale and I adore them.  Particular favorite is the small roll that says "I'm learning to fly."




Finally, for the Christmas cards I delivered to neighbors I chose to dress up the naked envelopes with some tape from Paper Source. The tape is translucent, so the white of the envelopes just makes the tape pop even more.




1 comment:

brenda said...

Envelopes can never go out naked. Unless they're bills.