.post-body {font-family: Courier, monospace;}

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Trying new stuff THE BEST

So a year or so ago, after watching tons of Julie Fei-Fan Balzer videos (including the online show Make it Artsy) where she uses the Brother ScanNCut I decided to purchase one.  These machines are great because you can design the art that you use in the machine. 

The video that blew me away is making your own stamps with the Brother ScanNCut. 

Video making stamps ScanNCut

I ordered the supplies (although I must not have ordered the full "kit" because I don't seem to have the downloads for the images she uses in the video).  

I found this image of a leaf, that I love.


The leaf image was the basis for the stamp and above you see the negative image left in the silicone material after I used the ScanNCut to create the stamp.  

Here are samples of me using the newly created image to stamp on paper.  I really prefer to use paint for the images, as they turned out better than using ink.  It might be that there is a coating on the silicone which makes ink resistant.  


How amazing to be able to cut out your own stamps using the ScanNCut.  Love it!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Let’s see some more stamps!