.post-body {font-family: Courier, monospace;}

Monday, March 22, 2021

A trip through my archives

 I'm not sure what is spurring a recent need to cull through my "hoard" but it has been a pleasant journey. I plan to post some of the fun finds. I'm realizing that it's been way to long since I've posted.

My goal was to clean out old paperwork stashed in a full size file cabinet. I had forgotten that I had a full drawer full of class instructions and samples for classes I used to teach, as well as samples and information related to classes I've taken in the past. Since I no longer teach, it made sense that I could disassemble these packets and recycle/reuse the instructions and in doing this I discovered what I like to call "oldies but goodies."

I'm posting photos from a class I took on the 2005 Carol Duvall Crafting cruise. Karen Elaine Thomas was the teacher, and she demonstrated for Yasutomo. I'm such a fan of her projects as I love origami. This is an adorable passport case, but it can be anything. I'm going to stash this in my purse and use it for receipts. It's made from paper and she had us apply a coat of varnish to the finished project to help protect it.

I found a video on YouTube where she makes a smaller version, but it's the same concept. Such a fun and easy project.

Karen Thomas case project


To illustrate the pockets, I have business cards inserted below! There are four pockets, in addition to the fun envelope attached to the spine. Lots of space for tucking receipts.






1 comment:

Brenda said...

I bet if I dug around in my art room I would find a few of these. I remember watching Karen make these on the Carol Duvall show.