.post-body {font-family: Courier, monospace;}

Monday, August 25, 2014

Wow, what happened to August?


Okay, I am very excited to be back in the studio creating. There's no question that the creative tool of the moment is the stencil. I picked up so many at the Artists' Faire at CREATE NJ and they are really a joy to use. 

I recieved a birthday card incorporating Dina Wakely stamps and techniques, so after watching YouTube videos to inspire me, I got to work. Here is my latest page. I played around with a technique involving paint, stencils and baby wipes. It's really fun. I finished it off with some of my fun face stamps, since I haven't picked up any of Dina's stamps yet. 


The best thing is to just dive in and try her techniques. So I first laid down a gesso layer, using an old hotel key card. It is the best to get a smooth, thin layer. Then painted and used stencils and baby wipes to remove paint. Then added more paint and using a different stencil, the mask, removed color everywhere but the masked image (blue figure on lower right). So clever. 

I have more to do on this spread, but it's a start. I used a water brush filled with ink for the brushed black images. Finally, I made use of one of my birthday gifts, an Ohto Fude roller ball 1.5 mm black pen. It's a big smooth rollerball pen and it writes on anything, painted pages, etc. I am so hooked I ordered more at Jet Pens today. Try them, you will love 'em. 

Well, it's a start. I have loads to share including my art retreat with my nephew Brandon, we created a pile of cool papers with stencils and spray inks. Then there's my "online" class with Dottie and Brenda making cool canvas art. Can't wait to show you more. Later!

No comments: