.post-body {font-family: Courier, monospace;}

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Not quite New Years

The holidays commandeer a load of time so I'm finally returning to post after two months. I've had a lot of wonderfully inspiring time to create lately. My friends and I had our art retreat which is the genesis of the name of this blog Artapalooza!!  We hunker down in my studio and create. 

After receiving a gift of tiny canvases 4x4" I created one today. Coincidentally, the online show Make It Artsy had a segment where an artist showed how to create these using paper scraps and a little paint, plus some tissue paper. 


It's great to hang on to tissue papers, particularly white for these projects. White tissue allows you to soften or correct a work. It also allows you to add a stamped image and not commit until you like it, so that's really helpful. 

Here's mine, which is a quote by Frida Kahlo!



More to follow!


1 comment:

brenda said...

What a great piece of art