.post-body {font-family: Courier, monospace;}

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Happy Summer and it's off to a great start!

I have so much to tell you about!  I'm brimming with news and excitement.

So I actually tended to my email a couple weeks ago and noticed that one of my favorite artists and teachers was blogging about her new book.  The artist is Nathalie Kahlbach who is a mixed media artist and has her own line of stamps, stencils and an amazing blog. She also hosts the Creative Jumpstart online classes, which I was gifted a couple years ago.   

I took a class with Nat at the Create New Jersey retreat in 2014! Anyway, I posted to her blog to enter the contest to win a copy of her book and voila!!  I was the winner!!  The book is called ARtful Adventures in Mixed Media and here's the link to her blog, where I won!!

Nathalie Kahlbach's blog N*Studio


I was so excited when the book arrived I had to take a picture to send to her.  Her book has great ideas and is a wonderful go-to guide for those of us who have been paper artists for a long time and sometimes need a creative prompt to help decide what to work on next.  I love the idea of using photos of what we see each day to inspire us.  

Can't wait to make some art, inspired by Nat's book!!

I've got some fun artwork to post, but I'll keep you in suspense.  

2 comments:

brenda said...

Congratulations Julie! Can't wait to see your creations inspired by the book!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

How fun :) Love seeing you with the book and looking forward seeing your artwork inspired by it :)