.post-body {font-family: Courier, monospace;}

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Flowers

Okay, so there's a part of me that wants to totally skip any reference to the fact that my last post was way, way back in the summer.  I guess with the big January 1 hours away I have decided to get back to posting my creative antics.  There are loads of blogs where people mention their regrets about their blogging frequency.  I'm going to just jump right [back] in.  Everyone knows how life goes, so I see no need to even say that I've been living a busy life.  You probably already figured that out.

In August I joined a community share garden, actual they refer to it as an urban flower farm in Philadelphia. It's called Love n' Fresh flowers.  I joined online late in the season and each week, for 4 wonderful weeks, I would pick up a huge bucket of cut flowers. The best part of this deal is that late in the summer I got tons of these amazing dahlias. My neighbor Theresa has beautiful dahlias which I posted about in the past.  These flowers are stunning colors and frankly, they didn't look real.

I took them home and grouped them into half a dozen floral arrangements and shared them with friends at work.  

These are pics of the amazing trove.


I




If I could name the bunch above I'd have to call it Bollywood.





This last bunch is my favorite.  The flowers look like those honeycomb tissue paper decorations.  I wish there were a way to collapse and preserve them and open them up whenever I want.  Alas, the photos are my only memory now.  

1 comment:

brenda said...

Happy New Year!
These flowers are simply gorgeous! I just went to the website for love n fresh flowers. What a beautiful collection of photos. So inspiring.