.post-body {font-family: Courier, monospace;}

Monday, January 8, 2018

Put that art on display!!!

I made an impulse purchase at an amazing art supply store just around the corner from me. It's called Artist and Craftsman and it's got all kinds of fun supplies and great gifts.  They had a display of Umbra products for displaying art on desks, walls and from the ceiling.  I decided to take a chance on home improvement and moved a framed artwork upstairs to make room on a wall near our kitchen.  I purchased this Umbra Hangit which has clips for 40 images. Even when it's not Christmas card season I love having pictures and art work. The fridge is an option, but doesn't seem to be a fitting locale. So this display is perfect!  For those who do not have a trove of art to show, the best part is that it comes with fun images, until you have time to add your own creations.

It's a simple design, albeit a bit stressful to put up in a home with plaster walls.  I'm not the best at being precise and I ended up going to the hardware store to pick up a new drill bit. Let's just say I was lucky that I got it up and any errors in my drilling efforts were covered up by the wood slats.


I will use this for my holiday cards and for the rest of the year, I'll put up photos and cards.  The one thing I want to do is to make sure pictures get out of my camera so I think I'll try to print a couple each month and remember the fun things we do through out the year.  


1 comment:

brenda said...

What a great way to display your greeting cards and little pieces of art.