.post-body {font-family: Courier, monospace;}

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Scan n Cut

I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos and happened to become intrigued by the Brother Scan n Cut machine demonstrated often by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer.  

I saw a project on Scrapbook Soup and invested in a cut file, a pattern prepared that you can purchase on Etsy.  I thought I'd try it out.  I'm thrilled with the results.

The hearts pattern started as a white sheet of card stock and I used crayons to color the columns of hearts in a somewhat complimentary group of colors. Then I used fiber paste with a stencil and allowed it to dry before arranging the hearts and sewing them so they stay lined up as they were in the cut file.







The next project was my own work of art, scanned and converted into a cut file.  I simply drew the love you below on paper, making large thick lines and connecting the word in a box shape, so that everything was "connected."  Then I scanned the image and the machine then read the image and cut it out.





It's really exciting to have my own artwork turned into a die cut that I can use in my art.  It allows me to create exactly what I need instantly.  So rewarding and I've only scratched the surface of what this machine can do.  Can't wait to show you more!!

1 comment:

brenda said...

Does this mean your valentines have been completed?