.post-body {font-family: Courier, monospace;}

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Philly Shrine

I want to show you one of my older projects from my swap days. For those of you who don't know about swaps they are projects made with a group of artists, based on a theme where you make several of the same works and the hostess will send each artist a piece of art made by each participating artist.

There is something so wonderful about working with a theme. I always enjoy this, it helps me get focused and really allows me to cull down my options.

So this was a shrine swap. I made a Philly shrine using a small wooden box, painted and embellished with stamped images of the Liberty Bell, the Constitution and Scrabble tiles. I also used a button from Valley Forge Military Academy. My favorite part is the pretzel and Love statue made from clay which embellish the inside.

I keep this on my mantle and love it so much!




1 comment:

Brenda said...

How did you acquire a button from the Valley
Forge Military?
What a special piece of artwork.