.post-body {font-family: Courier, monospace;}

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Mad Maker

These days I am so excited and energized and feel like a mad maker.  I just want to create and so I have loads to share. 

First project success is that I had some sad and damaged chairs on the patio that needed new life. I purchased cushions to cover up these ugly ancient metal chairs but alas, the two favorites (rocker and glider) both had rips that turned into gashes. 

Thankfully I found a YouTube video from a company called SailRite that showed you step-by-step how to repair the chairs.

Repair sling chairs

Here's the before:



and here's the after:



SO EXCITING.  I will say that nothing is ever as easy as it looks when someone else does it. However, after the third chair I feel that I've gotten the hang of it and I'm getting better. My hand is bruised and sore from dealing with the tension bars that have to be installed after the new seats are in place. 

Interesting thing is that I needed to use petroleum jelly to help slide in the fabric in the channels on the sides of the chair. I noticed that the petroleum jelly made the chairs look brand new. Although I didn't have to paint the chairs, the metal looked faded. So I coated the metal with the petroleum jelly and they look new.

Four of the six chairs are done so I hope to have the rest done soon! 

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Looks like a lot of open surface for some stamping and or stenciling! Or Jo-Ellen may do some tangling.