.post-body {font-family: Courier, monospace;}

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Sewing maker madness

So as I was ready to work on the fabric to repair my patio chairs I realized that my free 10 year old ancient sewing machine was no longer working. I had to make the call, to buy new or repair it. I realized that although these old metal sewing machines were the best ever made, I don't have all the bells and whistles included. Plus the time and effort to find a repair shop and have to wait . . . ughh.

My awesome hubby bought me one for my birthday and I feel like a kid with a new toy. I had no idea how wonderful it is to have a new sewing machine. I got a Singer Stylist 7258 and I LOVE this machine. It has decorative stitches, has 8 different feet included and it's so easy to thread. I'm so thrilled I had to make a couple projects. I made some fun zippered bags and again, YouTube has so many great videos to show you exactly how to make these.

I have a feeling I'm going to be making these for the holidays as gifts. I have tons of these bags and frankly, you cannot get enough of them.

Here's the VERY first one, using saved fabric from old clothes. The wildest one is the inside lining of this bag which is from an old Coca Cola shirt I had from 20+ years ago. I loved the fabric and so I put it to good use.




I personally cannot believe I made this. For the first few days I was literally carrying this bag around with me like a little kid with a teddy bear.

Then I decided I wanted to branch out and use some of the GORGEOUS Trader Joe's bags that I saved up. These bags have great artwork. So here's the second one I made!



I ordered a pack of 8 inch zippers online and they come in fun colors, so I used them on this bag.  Total blast.  Now I want to play with having a two zipper section bag and integrating clear vinyl for the bags. It's just the beginning of my research and development on this one.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

These look so awesome!