.post-body {font-family: Courier, monospace;}

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Paper beads

I have seen paper beads before but never tried to make them. Today my dear friend Judy taught a mini class to a group of us and we had a wonderful time making paper beads. 

What you need to make the beads:


  • strips of text weight paper 11 inches or longer cut in rectangles or long triangles
  • Diamond Glaze or Glossy Accents adhesive
  • skewer or toothpicks
  • box or plastic container to use for skewer to dry beads
  • black marker or Krylon leafing pen (Optional)
I made a video to show how to make the beads. This is my first demo video and I have to say there's room for improvement. Sorry if the video gets a bit out of focus, hope I'll get better.

The process of making these beads is very easy and extremely relaxing. I would say if you have any decorative paper that is fibrous, it would be great to make beads. 

When you make your first few beads you can start with catalogs. My favorite is Paper Source because they are brightly colored and the paper is mat finish text weight, perfect for the beads.  Hope you give it a try!




Here's a time lapse making a bead:








1 comment:

Brenda said...

What a great lesson!
Thank you Judy and Julie for sharing your talents!
Julie, you’ll have to show us how you put your necklace together.