.post-body {font-family: Courier, monospace;}

Monday, February 10, 2014

Stencils for all!

Apologies for being absent. Creative work goes on and I hope to catch you up.  I am really inspired to create art with stencils after watching the Creative Jumpstart 2014 videos. Several artists demonstrated how to create amazing works with household items and they further embellished the journal pages with stencils. They used stipple brushes with ink, as well as sponges with paint. 

After watching these videos I realized that I could create my own stencils using my Cricut die cut machine. I also have a Gypsy which allows you to creat designs using the images from the cartridges you own and to manipulate these images. For example you can take a heart design and rotate one next to another in order to fit more on a piece of paper. You can link letters to form single words, you can stretch images and break the aspect ratio for your needs. It's great. So I created a "punchinella" style design, along with numbers and some fun images from a new cartridge Lace 2. 

Here is a picture. 


I purchased the material for the stencils from an art supply store. These are the heavy sheets. I had to set the Cricut on multi-cut and then the Gypsy prompts for the number of times it will cut each image. After burning through a sheet where I could not punch out the images easily, I set it for 4 times. That worked perfectly. 



No comments: