.post-body {font-family: Courier, monospace;}

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Barbie ephemera

So ever since the new year I'm obsessed with cleaning out the detritus in our house.  Particularly the basement where storage is competing with my craft supplies.  

Just to lay the groundwork on the type of hoarder I am, I've actually come across w2s from my earliest jobs dating back to the 80's.  Now the silver lining is that these were all filed together and labeled, so it's not like this paperwork is stacked in aisles in my house and might fall and crush me. It's a journey.

Don't worry, those have been shredded and I'm setting about changing my habits.  I think that this resurfaced when I had to shred and dispose of lots of my Mom's paperwork.  It made me realize I can be like her and hold on to paperwork for much too long.  I only want stuff that sparks joy, so I am yearning to de-clutter.

Side note: isn't it funny how newly discovered stuff that's been sitting around for decades can't be purged from your house fast enough?

So the best part of this clean-out chore is finding little surprises.  Essentially, time capsules.  This one I had to share. My Barbie collection of accessories.  This includes brightly colored plastic clothes hangers, princess phones, a color tv, turntable,  Coca-Cola bottles and martini glasses. Also, brand named foods like Libby's corned beef, who knew?


The trip down memory lane is really fun and eventually I'll have to donate these.  I'm sure some little girl would love to play with them!



No comments: