.post-body {font-family: Courier, monospace;}

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Halloween in January

I just happened to be browsing pictures and had to share this from Halloween.

Check out my Frida Kahlo costume from 2019. I did my eyebrows (using eyeliner), ordered some fun dangly earrings, donned a ton of rings and bracelets, made a wig from yarn, got a beautiful flowered headband and made a skirt from an old denim dress. I sewed a ruffle on it and attached ties to the back to make it like an apron skirt. 




I sewed a panel to the skirt with one of my favorite Frida quotes: 



My neighbors Kelly and Quinn were so excited I had to get a picture with them, and their Sesame Street Costumes.

I love all things Mexico and all things Frida.  I cannot believe it took this long to make a Frida costume.

No comments: