.post-body {font-family: Courier, monospace;}

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Wedding Projects

2019 was the year of the wedding for us. We were invited to 6 weddings, that's a lot of cards.  

Here are some of the projects for this year:

Shower card using piece of white embossed paper to make the dress.  Just cut a waistline and add a ribbon.  So fun and easy.



The envelope had to be decorated as well.  Used the Hero Arts Ombre ink pads, Mermaid and Light Purple to Grape Purple. The stamp set is one of my favorites, Concord and Ninth Bold and Brushy! The set includes the double-lined box and a solid stamp to make a solid background for each letter. The solid stamp is perfect to show off the ombre inks!




Finally, the card below was one of my favorites. I used my Brother Scan and Cut, found an image of a tie and removed the "Mr" from the tie!  Then all I needed was an & and Congratulations.  I did weld the letters in the word together, so the die cut for Congratulations is one piece, instead of separate letters.

The white card was scored on a score board and it was three lines in a row, with a couple spaces between.  Then I mounted it on gold and black card stock.




Finally, here's a wedding cake card I made.  I used the embossing folder to make the cake layers.  Then I edged each with a layer of beaded trim. I used a tiny flower hole punch and adhered a small gem to the center of each. These flowers perfectly adorn the cake. The background is made using another embossing folder that creates the vertical lines. 

Finally, the thin white and black ribbon finishes it off. I have included the sizes for each of the cake layers so you can get an idea of the proportions. I rounded each piece so that the top edges look more cake-like.


Great thing about this card is that if you hand-deliver to the wedding, no issues with trying to put this in the mail.  

No comments: