.post-body {font-family: Courier, monospace;}

Friday, January 17, 2020

My version of Longwood Christmas



In January 2019 I went to Longwood Gardens and they had the most gorgeous displays using paper of all kinds.  This piece really got my attention.  I thought it was something I could make for our house.

So in the fall when I was in the Poconos with friends on a walk, I found the stick!  That was all I needed. I saved boxes and picked up three kinds of wrapping paper, some jute and gift embellishments.




I really enjoyed arranging the boxes by size, choosing which paper to use and of course, embellishing the gift boxes.  Then I realized I didn't have a big wide open wall to place my "wreath" against so it had to free float near our stairs.  This made hanging it easy but the only trick was to encourage the boxes to face forward and not to swing around the wrong way.

Love how this turned out!!




No comments: