.post-body {font-family: Courier, monospace;}

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Going back to basics

I have to say that the week did not turn out as expected. I had high hopes for spending time working on the new techniques from Marjie's class. Unfortunately, I didn't get time until the weekend. Hope you don't mind the wait!

This is one of the few cards I completed during the class. The reason is that I am not going to embellish a work coated in Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (UTEE). So once it's heated and the embossing is done, it is complete. It stands on its own, flat and amazing. 

First I used the Distress stains to make a background. Then I used a wonderful spider-web stencil and then stamped the hand. The last step is to cover the work with a Versamark or other pigment ink that is clear. Coat with UTEE and heat. Repeated this three times to get this enamel effect. 

I don't know how long I have been stamping, but i never tire of watching embossing happen. 


No comments: