.post-body {font-family: Courier, monospace;}

Monday, March 24, 2014

Putting fun purchases to use

So here is another completed card. I love the honeycomb embossing folder and I decided to go with this as the theme.  Marjie showed us a technique(kind of a throw-back to using markers on stamps) where you apply the Distress Stains directly on a large stamp, using various colors, on different parts of the rubber stamp. That's how I created the circle images, in more than one color. 
Marjie mentioned that you don't have to worry about contamination with the Distress Stains.  

The card had been stamped first, then dry embossed with the embossing folder.  Finally, you can lightly apply an ink pad over the top to hit the high spots of the embossing.


Then the embellishments, specifically I broke out the Tim Holtz Film Strip Ribbon. This was something Marjie had done on one of her pages, and I loved it.  I added Dymo label letters in each of the frames.  I used tiny brads to secure them to the page.



Marjie's class got me primed to break out my metal embellishments and put them to use.  My new goal for this project is to find the right one for each page I create. 

1 comment:

  1. Your cards all look great... loving all that texture and the way you cut up your word to fit it in the filmstrips. Fab!

    ReplyDelete